Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hardanger Ornament

This post is a continuation of a previous post I made several days back.
  I had made a Hardanger Cross Bookmark and had fabric leftover.
Mmmm.....  What to do with leftover fabric?
  Make something else was my final decision.
I found this small motif or ornament in a book I had and decided to try it.
The name of the Hardanger book is A Nordic Christmas I In Hardanger Embroidery
by Members of the Nordic Needle Staff.
I think it turned out rather nicely.
I just need to add a few decorative beads in the big squares and 
some detail work to the center and I will be done.
I did go to the craft store today to find some beads, but when I 
got home I noticed they cost me $12.  That is too much
for 4 beads needed for this project.  I will try a different store tonight
to see if I can find anything else.
     
Hardanger Ornament




1 comment: