Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Blankets, Blankets, Blankets and more...

Blankets, Blankets, Blankets and more...
So I have several friends that are expecting babies. I decided to make them a baby blanket as a gift.
So for my first blanket, I used the Lacy Clusters pattern from a book I own. I used the TLC Baby yarn that I found at the local thrift shop.



My second baby blanket was made with the corner to corner blanket pattern. I love this pattern. It is easy and works up quickly. I also used a new yarn, for me, from Red Heart called Soft Baby Steps.  I love this yarn.  It is soft and heavy when made. It should keep the baby warm.




 These two blankets are for my two oldest sons.  It is the same pattern for both blankets.
I think the name of the pattern is Ripple Baby Blanket by Bernat.  I made the brown blanket 3+ years ago and started the blue one 2+ years ago and just found the motivation to finish recently.  My motivation is to be a part of the Mandala Madness.  I wanted to get finished with a few projects before Madness started.

 I also finally finished this doily. It is from Annie's Crochet pattern 4- Hour Doilies.  It uses size 3 thread and works up very quickly.  I can usually get the item made quickly, but it takes me forever to finish my items.

This last one is a doily for my second daughter.  She is using it in her room.  I used size 10 thread from Aunt Lydia's and got the pattern from a Magic Crochet Magazine from 1994. The pattern name is Citron.

Happy Crafting from me to you!!!

2 comments: