Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Knitting, Crocheting and many hours of relaxing!!

Many Projects have been made since I last posted. 
Here are the pictures with a snippet of explanation.


I have made many of these cowls. It is from a knitting magazine and a Vickie Howell design. Here is my Ravelry link to the pattern for you.




This is a fun button bracelet that a friend's mom gave me the idea for.  It is made in the colors of the basketball team that my children play for.






A beautiful baby blanket made in the corner to corner fashion. This was made for a friend of mine who had a baby late summer. Here is my Ravelry link for you.





These are the same pattern just in different colors. I made these for my two oldest sons. They look nice on their beds. This is the Ravelry link for you.





I love thread crochet. It is my absolute favorite thing to make. Usually the doilies work up quick and can be colorful or made in white. Here is the link to my Ravelry page.









I joined the Mandala Madness last year. It was lots of fun, but I just couldn't keep up and am still not finished. It is on my list to complete this year. Here is my Revelry link for the pattern.





There have been many acquaintances in my life lately that have had babies.  Also, I wanted to use up the leftover yarn from previous baby booty projects. Aren't they cute and adorable? I love them. They are just too cute. 







These are some paper crafts I made for my children's homeschool group. We had a teachers luncheon and we used these for decorating. I will have to search for the pattern. I probably found it through Pinterest. 











This is one of my favorite crochet projects I have done in the past years. I really get lots of comments from others for them. I made this one for a friend and took pictures along the way.
Here is the Revelry link for you.






These are presents I made for my friends for Christmas 2016. I think by the time I was finally finished, I had made about 18 of them. I am saving a few for next years Christmas presents.
This idea was copied from a present someone gave me. I do not know where the idea came from.





Through the Mandala Madness I participated in, I came across a group of bloggers that knit and crochet for Sheepjes yarn company. I love several of their designers. Wonderful ideas with, from what I can tell is a good yarn company. This angel is from one of those designers. Here is the link to her pattern from her website.







The tatted crosses are my favorite tatting pattern. It is what I was taught to tat with. My teacher, Effie Haughey, wrote the book I learned from and this pattern is from that book. It is titled Jore's Tatting' Guide by John and Effie Haughty







What a fun pattern this is. It is made with unicorn tails by Madeline Tosh. The pattern is titles Unicorn Parallelograms by Stephen West.  I made mine with just a few of the tails because I didn't want it quite so long.




This cowl is made from a Lion Brand pattern and yarn. Here is the Revelry link with all the pertinent info.






Beautiful Yarn!! I bought this yarn at my lys and thought it was beautiful. I found a pattern I thought would look good with it called Dragon Wing Shawl by Jasmin Räsänen. The yarn is by Madeline Tosh named Mandala. Here is the link to my Ravelry page.









I really enjoyed making this scarf. It is a knitted pattern and very easy to make. It works up quickly.
I used a pretty yarn that I found at the local craft store named Patons Beehive Baby Chunky. It is soft and comfortable. The pattern is called Lace Leaf Chart from Knit Simple magazine.
Here is my Ravelry link for you.









LOVE! That is what I have to say about this pattern. I found this pattern in a Mollie Makes magazine and have made about 6 pairs. There are only 47 rounds to each glove and can be worked in about 2 hours for me. I still need to add some buttons for the eyeballs and weave my ends in, but winter is almost over where I live and they will be ready by our next winter. Lovely!!









This is an amazing blanket to make. It is the Koselig Blanket by WATG. It was made for my friend's daughter. It was made with the Crazy Sexy Wool from Wool and the Gang. The yarn is fabulous to work with and because it is super bulky, it works up very fast. This blanket took about 10 balls of the yarn. Here is Ravelry link to the pattern. 



Finally, a baby blanket that I am making for my baby who is 3!! The pattern is Vintage Baby Blanket from the Crochet Today magazine. I used Lion Brand Pound of Love yarn for the white part and accented with a hot pink yarn I found in my leftover stash. I will upload the finished blanket soon. I still need to weave in some of the ends. 





This is a fun Ruffle Scarf to make. I made it in this super bright colored yarn. The yarn is Manos Del Uruguay Alegria color A9275. The pattern name is Barb's Koigu Ruffle. Here is the link to the pattern in Ravelry.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon, I came across the name Effie Haughey in an old Annie's Quick & Easy Pattern Club Booklet today. I googled her name, as I had never heard of her as a tatting designer before. Your page came up first and I see your lovely tatted crosses - you mention her book, and I was wondering what the book was called? Regards, Nicola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry for not responding sooner. I am quite overwhelmed in my life with my 6 six children that I don't get to this blog often. I am in the process of updating some of this blog. I cannot put my hands on Effie's book tonight (11/2/17/). I will try to find it and get back to you soon.

      Delete
    2. The book is titledJore's Tatting' Guide by John and Effie Haughty

      Delete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    I was looking through my tatting books and cataloging them. I came across Effie's book and her address and phone number. She taught me to tat also, back many years ago. It is good to see that there are others who tat here in central Kentucky. Thanks for sharing your talent. You do beautiful work in all the needle work you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You. Did you know Effie died several years ago? I was in a homeschool group with her niece. I am so happy I met her and learned tatting.

      Delete