Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jewelry Pouches for My Daughter

I made these for some Christmas gifts last year.
My daughter wanted one so here I am finally getting around 
to making her one.
I had enough fabric so make several extra ones.
They are easy to make.
Enjoy the steps of making a jewelry pouch with my
pictures below.


1. cut circles of contrasting fabric two at 12" and two at 8.5"


 
2. Iron in half.
 3. Sew buttonholes on outer portion of 12" circle approximately 3/4" from outer edge.

4. Sew the 12" circles right sides together.  
Then do the same for the 8.5" circle.
I used a 1/4" seam.

5. Then cut a hole into the center to turn the right side out.
Iron flat.


6. Sew the outside edge of the 12" circle  2 times for the ribbon.
7. Lay the two circles on top of one another and stitch together.
I used the green pattern in the picture for my "bottom" and stitched around it
then made spokes away from the "bottom" to create the pockets.
8. Add the ribbon of choice for the drawstring and your all done.



Enjoy your finished project!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment